Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Went to the doc Monday

So, update on the asthma front.

Last Tuesday, (10/21) when my ProAir went completely nutso on me (or was it my body going completely nutso on the ProAir?) I wrote down the times I used Mom's blood pressure cuff, along with the blood pressure and heart rate readings.

So the doc listened to my lungs (way more than last time) and they (the nurse) took my oxygen saturation reading twice. (I should have asked what it was.) But I have a new temporary inhaler, Advair, and two prescriptions, one for a new rescue inhaler and the other for 5 day pack of steroids. Again! I'm tired of steroids.

(Okay, so I do breathe better when I'm on them, but they make me hungry all the time. Last time I managed to avoid gaining any weight by buying those steamer bags of frozen green beans and snacked on those all day. I actually lost weight!)

And I had just gotten my ProAir and Qvar refilled on Friday (10/17). Now I have one unused Qvar and one slightly used ProAir. Wondering if he'll put me back on Qvar after I'm done with the Advair? I've read the insert on the Advair. It's meant to be temporary, long term use can lead to worsening of asthma. Eek.

And so now I'm like broke... until Friday. Sigh...

And my blood pressure readings from 10/21 just in case anyone's interested....

Took ProAir at 1:30 pm
1:40 pm BP 170/124  pulse 58
2:35 pm BP 128/90    pulse 83
3:10 pm BP 137/75    pulse 65

No comments:

Post a Comment