Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fun with my ProAir inhaler

Not really. 

Okay, so it was like Thursday (I think) when I was driving from one card account to another.  When I got to other card account, I noticed that my ProAir inhaler had been lying in the sunny spot.  The ac was on in the car, and I wasn't sure if had been over heated or not. 

I puffed on my inhaler.  Then for about an hour, I felt terrible.  My heart rate seemed off, and my breathing seemed more difficult. 

Okay, so I just assumed that it got overheated, and the medication inside was damaged.  I had a couple days until the prescription refilled automatically, so I just did without until then. 

Well, I took my new ProAir inhaler just before leaving for work.  I never made it to work.  I felt terrible again.  My mom has a blood pressure cuff, so I used it.  Blood pressure was 170/124 and heart rate was 58. 

I called my mom's nurse.  She said that's a common side effect of ProAir and I should lie down for an hour after taking it so I don't faint.  (So definitely no driving.)   She thinks my body's reacting to it because I've gotten used to it. 

I checked the paper insert and it mentions heart palpitations and fast heart beat.  I called the doctor's office and made an appointment for Monday.  (I don't even have my new schedule yet.)   I might call the office and see if they have anything open Thursday.  Nothing was open Friday. 

It's just annoying, and now I don't want to use the ProAir anymore.  And I just got the cutest little carrying holder for it too.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/205259587/reserved-for-be-inhaler-holder-custom


The ProAir inhaler has this 'butt' that the other inhalers shown don't.  So I shipped BeaG an empty inhaler case so she could make a custom one for me.  Isn't it cute? 
 
Anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment