Friday, August 20, 2010

CASA Playhouses are at Northpark Mall

The 2010 Parade of Playhouses will be at Northpark Mall through Sunday. The playhouses were created by local designers and corporations for CASA. CASA is raffling off the playhouses for their benefit. Tickets are $5.00 each or 5 for $20.

You can go to this link to see the playhouses (if you live outside of the DFW area or you don't feel like beating the crowd to the mall on tax free weekend, right before school starts.) http://dallascasa.org/events/parade-of-playhouses-raffle.html

I love going to look at the playhouses. They come up with some interesting designs. My favorite one year was a playhouse made with weathered looking wood in the shape of a fish. The fish playhouse had a sort of steampunk feel. The eyes of the fish were the windows. There were other windows as well.

And the teeny sheriff's office with jail cell, and wooden rifle rack another year was too cute.

Link to CASA Dallas' homepage, which will tell you what they do...
http://dallascasa.org/
I don't think I could do what their volunteers do. I'd have a breakdown, I'm sure.

Boosting the signal would be appreciated.

Now when you buy a ticket you are supposed to put the kid's name down on the ticket. Hmmm... I know someone who has a 2 year old and I could put his name on the ticket... but would I be jumping things wanting to put a 4 month old kid's name on one of the tickets?

No comments:

Post a Comment